'apt-get install sugar-platform' available for Ubuntu9.10.

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:59:45 GMT 2009

It works!

There are alot of OLPC advocates that have been holding their breath
for a well-packaged version of Sugar to run on our machines!  Thank
you!  I'm one of the California LoCo folks near San Francisco and
attend the SF-OLPC put on monthly by Sameer Verma.  I'm an Ubuntu
Member but not part of the MOTU.  For a brief while I was a Debian
Developer so I may be able to help a bit.  I've also done QA
professionally for several different companies.  I'm sure we'll be
able to get someone to help out with sponsorship if they aren't
already subscribed to this list and lurking.

Now I have a few questions for you.

How do you recommend people update their applications? turtle art,
pippy and jukebox all say that updates are available when I run the
update from inside of xephyr but I chose not to download and install
them that way, waiting to hear back from you first.

Is this the best keyboard cheat sheet?
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Keyboard_shortcuts
Oh, you address this in the source README but was this file installed
via  binary package somewhere?  It might be good to install it once
and link to it from a few of the other packages.  They keyboard
shortcuts are important to to end users.

I had 0.83.8 installed before but it wasn't working at all - could
that have been related to my previous trouble?  I uninstalled it
before installing your 0.86.2-1 on my machine.

What are your plans for including documentation? Specifically in
/usr/share/doc/sugar*

Does xephyr change the keyboard mapping?  My alt-tab doesn't work all
of a sudden, though it might be unrelated.

The garbage that comes when running sugar-emulator doesn't seem
harmful but it might scare people - any thoughts?

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam