Sugar 0.86 available

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Oct 23 20:29:17 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Luke Faraone <luke.faraone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:51, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>
>> On the off chance that you find a bug, please report them in launch pad.
>
> What project should we report against? "Ubuntu" isn't appropriate sine the
> packages are not Ubuntu packages.

My personal goal is to push these packages through the standard Ubuntu
process so they become part of a standard Ubuntu and Edubuntu
distribution.  This means standard bug reports in standard locations.

> Maybe we should create a "Sugar Ubuntu
> Packaging" project as a subproject of sugarlabs in Launchpad...

This is not a Sugar Labs project. It is just a plain old effort to
make awesome packages in Ubuntu.  Thus stand upstream - downstream
abstraction barriers apply.

david