[Debian-olpc-devel] Launchpad: Claim existing team

David Farning dfarning at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 30 02:35:59 GMT 2009

I am cross posting to both the sugarteam and debian-olpc list so we
can establish workflows.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 07:40:36PM -0600, David Farning wrote:
>>
>> I am merging this Launch Pad team with the ubuntu sugarteam so bug reports
>> from the autosynced packages are handled correctly
>
> Hmm - does that mean that all Ubuntu bugreports end up at this mailinglist?

No, that was what I am trying to avoid.  All of the recently synced
ubuntu packages were owned by an automatically created lp team named
debian-olpc-devel.  All of the bug traffic would have been sent to
this list by default.

Now all of the bug traffic from the ubuntu packages will be sent first
to the sugarteam for triage.

> I am not sure if that's a good idea: I am currently subscribed to the Ubuntu
> team list where I experienced the flow of Ubuntu bug mails, and I must admit
> that I have been very close to unsubscribing due to those mails being quite
> hard for me to follow.

Yah, the ubuntu sugarteam bugs have been pretty ugly lately.  I
personally couldn't convince myself to care about bugs reported
against 0.84 packages which were rarely used:(  Now that we are all
working on .88 again this situation should improve.

> If non-Debian folks feel similarly with the Debian bugreports, perhaps we
> should separate the bugreports to distro-specific lists to keep this list
> less noisy?

I am setting up my personal workflow so that I have two VM for testing
Sugar Packages. A Debian unstable VM and an Ubuntu VM.  This should
allow me to verify that bugs reported against the ubuntu packages also
exist in Debian before pushing them upstream.

david