Dependancies.... seem to be awful lot.

Simon Wood simon at mungewell.org
Fri Nov 28 05:41:43 GMT 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:44:53 +0100
Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> >It seems the main culprit is python-gnome2-desktop which pulls in a
> >whole load of gnome dependencies, only some of which I presume are
> >needed.
>
> Ah, yes. I remember now: Sugar needs the SVG parser from that package -
> I agree that it is annoying that it pulls in the whole world.
>
> Please someone (you?) help out here: file a bugreport against that
> package, proposing to split it into smaller pieces.

Is the required bit in question the python binding to librsvg2-2 and
librsvg2-common?

I found reference to this being a seperate package under Fedora called
gnome-python2-rsvg.

I note that there is already request to split out gtksourceview.so, in
which a comment also requests pyrsvg be split too.

What exactly does Sugar need from this package?
Cheers,
Simon.