sugarteam first steps.

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jul 26 17:42:04 BST 2008

The mailing list is up and working at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-sugarteam so please
sign up.

Now that much of the administriva is out of the way, how should we
start?

For full disclosure, my goal is to have edubuntu shipping a Sugar based
derivative;)

1.  Stabilize the Sugar packages in Universe.  It is amazing how much
has changed in Ubuntu in the last 1.5 years since I have been active.
It is going to take me a while to catch up on the processes.

a.  Jani, are you willing/able to sponsor the Sugar packages until we
can find/develop someone  with the skills and trust to push packages
into universe?  If you are unable, could you point us in the right
direction?

b.  Identify a subset of sugar packages and start pushing them into
universe.  This basically looks to be a three way merge between Jani's
original work, Jamses' packaging updates, and updated from upstream.

c.  Add new sugar packages and continue to sync current packages with
Debian.

2.  Respond to bugs.  This will involve setting up a process for
triaging bug, determining how and when to push issues upsteam, and
patching local issues and pushing those patches into update repos.

3.  Increase awareness of Sugar on Ubuntu.

thanks
dfarning