0.83 packages for Jaunty?

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:38:11 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:33, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 09:25:54AM +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
>>On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 00:20, <simon at mungewell.org> wrote: Yes. We need
>>to get 0.83 packages into jaunty sooner or later, and the preferred
>>method is waiting for (or assisting with) debian packaging 0.83, and
>>then syncing from them. Until that happens, using a PPA is very easy
>>and a good way to test the packaging.
>>
>>If debian decide to stick with 0.82, we'll upload 0.83 releases to
>>jaunty, and eventually 0.84.
>
> The Debian OLPC team (which is me and Luke currently) has no plans to
> stick with 0.82.
>
> We can sure use more manpower - you are all welcome (and no, it does not
> require you to be Debian developers or even run Debian!). :-)

Excellent, I will be getting involved. Right now I just have to try
get some uploads for bug fixes for Ubuntu, and catch up on some
upstream work. I'm also trying to debug a rather large patch for
NetworkManager 0.7 compatibility for Sugar 0.82 which isn't well
tested upstream yet - I see lenny has NM 0.6.x so we'll have to carry
that patch for now.

Then I'll dive into the 0.83 packaging in debian :)

> I fully understand that the original request was not for ways to
> _package_ but ways to _test_ (packaged) newer upstream code. Just
> emphasizing here since the task of packaging is brought up.
>

> Kind regards,
>
>  - Jonas

Regards
Morgan