Sugar Labs

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Aug 13 20:55:43 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 19:28 +0100, Jono Bacon wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 15:50 -0500, David Farning wrote:
> > Hey Jono,
> >

> > I have found a few people who are interested in working on Sugar on
> > Ubuntu so I thought it was time to start a LaunchPad and Wiki presence.
>
> Sounds good. :)

I have cc:ed the our mailing list so people can introduce themselves.

Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~sugarteam
Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SugarTeam

Morgan collett https://launchpad.net/~morgan is handling the team admin.
The team's key efforts are:
1.  Bring uptodate sugar packages into the ubuntu distro.
2.  Establish relationship with debian to ease the effort of syncing
from upstream.
3.  Consolidate the various sugar related efforts the have started over
the past couple of months into the sugarteam.

> > I am working entirely from a _community_ perspective.  So, please let me
> > know if I am stepping on any toes between OLPC and Canonical.
>
> Sounds fine to me. :)

I have shifted my emphasis to raising the awareness level of Sugar to
the various educational spins that are orbiting Ubuntu and Fedora.

I will be speaking at a few education conferences this fall.  Hopefully
we can leverage the 450,000+ XO user base into launch point for
Edubuntu;)

> 	Jono
thanks
Dfarning