Activity packages

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:41:08 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 17:57, ffm <ffm at laptop.org> wrote:
> Here's the way I see our packages going:
> * sugar-sucrose - meta package for -fructose and -glucose, everything
> you need to run sugar (default activities and shell)
> * sugar-glucose - base enviornment, no activities
>
> * sugar-fructose - Two options:
> ** All fructose activities in one package (less work)
> ** Metapackage depending on all the spesific activities in fructose
> (quite a bit of work)

We currently have a metapackage called sugar-activities which depends
on all known activities. That could be renamed to sugar-fructose.

I think I prefer that to packaging a bunch of activities in one
package, since they have different upstream authors/maintainers.

> and then there's the unofficial activities:
> * sugar-whatever-activity

That's what we have now, for all the activities.

There are several activities which couldn't previously be included
because of license issues or deps. I think they are in Jani's PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~sugar/+archive/

Regards
Morgan