[ubuntu-studio-users] (A) Add graphics/scan packages: Scantailor; Tesseract; DjVu Libre; pdftk, (B) LibreOffice Calc, and (C) mail-list archives search

RW Jones rwj at SDF.ORG
Tue Jul 5 00:25:36 UTC 2022

Thanks for that.

Regarding Scantailor Advanced, I will likely explore the link you provided
as I'm most familiar with that fork/version of ST, but for completeness I
mention the following different version which I just discovered
accidentally:

Scantailor Universal (self-desribes as "a fork based on
Enhanced+Featured+Master versions of ST").

https://github.com/trufanov-nok/scantailor-universal/releases

<<<
Ubuntu-compatible OS (18.04+) users may get scantailor-universal package
and its updates automatically by subscribing to this ppa:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:truf/scantailor-universal
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install scantailor-universal

The attached deb files are for Ubuntu 18.04 (build without exiv2 support)
and 19.04+ (ICC profile propagation enabled)

I can't see any MS Windows binaries to try so if ST Advanced can't be
added to repository in due course I may try ST Universal instead if it's
stil there and compatible with current Ubuntu LTS, though its components
appear to antedate ST Advanced which itself was a major work of
improvement.

Regards,

Robert Jones

On Sun, 26 Jun 2022, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:

> Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 16:09:25 -0700
> From: Erich Eickmeyer <eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com>
> To: ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-studio-users] (A) Add graphics/scan packages: Scantailor;
>      Tesseract; DjVu Libre; pdftk, (B) LibreOffice Calc,
>     and (C) mail-list archives search

[snip]

rwj at SDF.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://SDF.org