[ubuntu-studio-users] Strangeness in xfce4

sciguy sciguy at vex.net
Sun Jan 9 03:05:09 UTC 2022

I am using xfce4 as my default window system, and there are two
annoyances I wished I knew how to un-set:

1. I use the workspace switcher, and I always seem to start on the third
desktop. How do I get it to start on the first one?

2. I have a desktop graphic which spans 2 screens. Sometimes the desktop
manager gets confused at startup and gives me one graphic for each
desktop. I know about the Desktop Settings menu, but those settings
appear to be fogotten by the next reboot. Is there a way to get the
change to persist?

Thanks

Paul