[ubuntu-studio-users] New ISO images fail to boot with an older PC

Mike Squires michael.leslie.squires at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 17:41:09 UTC 2021

Both the 20.x and 21.x ISO's fail to boot on my Dell T7600.

I tried both DVD and USB stick versions, same failure. Unfortunately I
didn't copy the message down, but this appears to be the Ubuntu "EFI"
bug discussed on Tom's Hardware page today.

Fortunately I have a copy of the older ISO (which is not the "v .2"
version).

(I know this is an Ubuntu issue, not a Studio issue, but I wished to
warn those trying to install right now on older hardware.)

Mike Squires