[ubuntu-studio-users] Network disabled on PC after last update

Mike Squires michael.leslie.squires at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 18:18:52 UTC 2021

First, I'm not a Linux guru; most of my experience has been with SunOS
and FreeBSD.

Is there any evidence the card is recognized and is connecting? Are
there errors in "/var/log/syslog"?  I assume that you've looked at the
network settings being used and tried reconfiguring the interface.

This sounds to me like a system configuration issue or an Ubuntu
problem, not a Studio problem, to me.

I would definitely do a Google search using the Ubuntu Studio version
asking if an update had caused network problems.  I found some possibly
related answers, but I don't know if any of them fit your problem.
These were all from "askubuntu.com".

If that doesn't work you'll need to ask for more detailed help, probably
on "askubuntu.com".

I think that you'll need to provide the Ubuntu Studio version and
possibly Linux kernel version, the hardware you're using including the
Ethernet hardware.  I ran "lspci" and it shows I'm using an Intel 82574L
GigE network interface.  I ran into similar problems using FreeBSD with
a RealTek Ethernet interface and it turned out to be a problem with
RealTek's information provided to open source programmers which is why
all of my systems now run Intel Ethernet hardware.

Mike Squires