[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu studio 20.04 xfce, power management not working properly.

torremarcello torremarcello89 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:26:21 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu studio 20.04 Xfce on an Acer Aspire 5755G with 16G RAM
and an NVIDIA GeForce GT540M.

Everything works fine and the system is pretty stable, but for some reason
power management doesn't seem to respond to any of my commands. No matter
what I set up, the system won't respond to any change.

My laptop is connected via HDMI to a Dell monitor only on AC power. The
problem is that I can't simply set it up to go asleep after 20 min if I
wanted to and this obviously is not great in power saving.

Is anyone able to help me, please?

Thank you