[ubuntu-studio-users] Problem with Asus FX505 Tuf Gaming laptop after installing 20.04

Mike Squires michael.leslie.squires at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:33:33 UTC 2020

A data point:  I'm using an HP Envy 17 laptop, older Intel i7 processor,
and according to the "Software & Updates" panel I'm using the X.Org X
server with the Noveau display driver.

Nvidia hardware is "GeForce 940M".

No problems.

I'm not doing anything really complex, the usual home stuff but no
gaming (D&D using VTT and discord, but nothing very taxing to the system).

Installation was from the DVD, nothing other than the usual items asked
for during the installation.

Mike Squires

--
Michael L. Squires, Ph.D., M.P.A.
michael.leslie.squires at gmail.com
"Michael Leslie Squries" on Facebook
Known in the SCA as Alan Culross, KSCA, OP
Web: www.siralan.org and www.smithgreensound.com
812-369-5232 (cell)
812-333-6564 (home)