[ubuntu-studio-users] rakarrack with segfault

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 17 15:46:43 UTC 2020

Hi Hans,

On 11/17/20 7:15 AM, Hans Schneidhofer wrote:
> hi list,
>
> wanted to try rakarrack but it does not start, only the error message
> memory access error appears.
> Where to find this "segfault"-message, so I could find out, whats the
> reason for that ?
>
> Has anyone an idea of this behavior ?
>
> Have installed ubuntustudio 20.04 lts on an AMD-Mainboard with an AM3+-
> Prozessor 4-core, 8 GB RAM.
>
> Or is it better to use guitarix ?
>
> bye hans

It's 100% better to use guitarix, which is actively developed. rakarrack
development ceased several years ago, is suffering from bitrot, and is
really no longer compatible. It was dropped in 20.10 and onward, and
probably should've been dropped from 20.04, but it's too late now.

--
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader     Ubuntu Studio