[ubuntu-studio-users] Steinberg AXR4U ...

Erich EIckmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Thu May 28 23:46:23 UTC 2020

Hi Hans,

To prevent list moderation, please make sure you subscribe to the list first, that way we don't have to manually go in and approve your message.

"hans Schneidhofer" mei-mail at posteo.de – May 28, 2020 4:34 PM
> hi list,
>
> does anyone from this list run the Steinberg AXR4U on ubuntustudio
> 20.04? Because I cannot find it on ALSA SoundCard Matrix.
> The onlyone entry there is USB-2-MIDI with a Cypress AN21131XX Chipset.
>
> Hope, anyone could help here ?

Unfortunately, and perhaps fortunately, due to the overwhelmingly huge list of what the ALSA stack DOES support, the list you looked at is not by any means an exhaustive list. It's just impossible to put on that list *everything* that is supported.

If I were you, I'd just download and run the live ISO image and see what happens. You don't have to install it to try it. You literally have nothing to lose and only knowledge to gain.

Thanks,

Erich

----

Erich Eickmeyer