[ubuntu-studio-users] [ubuntu-studio-devel] 32 bit studio version for poor Americans and third world countries?

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Sat Mar 28 02:48:20 UTC 2020

Hello,

On 3/27/20 7:23 PM, Hallowed Silence wrote:
> Hi. I am Wonders. i wonder all day and am very interested in your work
> on the studio project and would like to know if there will be a studio
> 18.04 lts version for the third world on 32 bit machines? Thanks so
> much for all you do!
>
> -Wonders

Ubuntu Studio 18.04 CD images can be found here:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/18.04/release/. PLEASE
NOTE: Ubuntu Studio is not developed for low-end hardware or to
resurrect old machines, as the software that is included is intended to
run on high-end, relatively fast machines.

As such, 18.04 was the last version to be released for 32-bit machines
and reached End-Of-Life in January 2019. We extended support via our
Ubuntu Studio Backport PPA
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/BackportsPPA), but 18.04
will receive no more support from that PPA (and anyone in Ubuntu) after
April 2021. This means you have just over a year to use that computer
with Ubuntu Studio.

Additionally, you emailed the wrong list for technical support. The list
you emailed (ubuntu-studio-devel at lists.ubuntustudio.org) is intended for
developers to collaborate with each other. In the future, please use
askubuntu.com for technical support questions.

I hope this helps, but please contact the correct support methods in the
future (listed at ubuntustudio.org/support).

----
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader