[ubuntu-studio-users] ubuntustudio and KDE

hans Schneidhofer mei-mail at posteo.de
Thu Jun 25 16:51:58 UTC 2020

hi list,

my "problem" is not the KDE-Environment itself. But if anyone uses
ubuntustudio for 8 years in a Production-Environment, in most cases it
is not enough time, to learn a new environment during studio-jobs.

So, with xfce I know all the knobs and places, where I can find all the
needed things and this is a really rally big advantage, if the mix has
to be finished as fast as possible and master-DVD or whatever Source
can be produced by our partner.

In addition, studio time is still very precious and therefore scarce.

Maybe, if some time is available I will spend this time to try aout
this KDE-Environment. But ist is not a good idea to do this during
working time.

I hope this makes some things clearer why I am reluctant to switch from
xfce to KDE at the moment.

thanks one more time for the hints, how to use ubuntustudio 20.4 in my
usual work environment.

bye hans