[ubuntu-studio-users] ubuntu-studio INSTALLED (was: Error 1965)

Thomas Pfundt captain-tux at protonmail.ch
Wed Jan 22 11:24:53 UTC 2020

Hi,

just to clear up any misconceptions:

> Just gotta decide if we use AHCI or IDE and EUFI or LEGACY ?

You should decide on AHCI, it's just that both are incompatible and some BIOSes default to IDE-mode, I wasn't sure what your installation was on, but if you do a new install, make sure to select AHCI.

Also, it seems that Legacy/BIOS boot is a safer bet in your case since it worked last time, so disable all UEFI functionality, it is not necessary for Linux.