[ubuntu-studio-users] Error 1965

Yves Yves yves537 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 05:20:14 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas,
  So ran Ubuntu from the usb stick & typed lsblk into the terminal and got;

  sda
     ----sda1   512M
    l____sda2    465.3G

  sbd      7.5G
   l__sbd1  7.5G    part/cdrom

So ran in the terminal    sudo grub-install /dev/sda2

but the terminal said it could not be found?So shut it down & unplugged the dvd drive so only the one harddrive is working.....(you can hear it working slightly while loading the programs)
Then made a new bootable usb of UbuntuStudio19.10 with Etcher this time (instead of Rufus last time)and before installing highlighted "check disk for errors" &pressed enter-which took a while but eventually it said everything is okay. So installed UbuntuStudio (erase disk completely & install UbuntuStudio option)but for the first time (after 3or 4 previous attempts over the past few days)got this pop up while the GRUB was installing ; GRUB installation failed....The 'grub-efi-amd64-signed' package failed to install into / target /. . ..Installer crashed ...we're sorry ...........file report
Mind you something must be working because this message is being written to you on the same PC ?