[ubuntu-studio-users] Error 1965

Yves Yves yves537 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 02:58:35 UTC 2020

Hey Thomas,
 This PC has only one Harddrive.  No usb drive plugged in and one empty CD/DVD drive.
On this  Lenovo M81 Bios Setup Utility ->Startup   there is ;

>Primary Boot Sequence
1: HDD1: PO; WDC WD5000_______(Western Digital 500GB Harddrive)
2: FDD:
3: USB FDD:
4: USB KEY:
5: CD/DVD1: P1: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7250H
6: Network1: IBA GE Slot 00CB v1365

Excluded from boot order:
USB HDD:
USB CD/DVD:

Automatic Boot Sequence->
1: HDD1: PO; WDC WD5000_______(Western Digital 500GB Harddrive)
2: Network1: IBA GE Slot 00CB v1365

Excluded from boot order:
FDD:
CD/DVD1: P1: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7250H
USB FDD:
USB HDD:
USB CD/DVD:
USB KEY:

Error Boot Sequence->
1: HDD1: PO; WDC WD5000_______(Western Digital 500GB Harddrive)
2: Network1: IBA GE Slot 00CB v1365

Excluded from boot order:
FDD:
CD/DVD1: P1: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7250H
USB FDD:
USB HDD:
USB CD/DVD:
USB KEY:

Boot Mode ;   (has 3 choices ;
1)  AUTO (priority UEFI   then Legacy)   2)    Legacy  3)  EUFI
-presently the 'Boot Order ' is set to LEGACY

Quick Boot is  now been  DISABLED  (according to your instructions)

DEVICES->
Configure SATA as ;
1 AHCI      or    2)    IDE
   ....it was AHCI   so upon your suggestion changed it to IDE*

Native Mode Operation is ENABLED
Hard Disk Pre-Delay DISABLED
External SATA Port ENABLED
SATA Controller ENABLED

Guess What (hi-hi) again ,it' error 1962: No operating system found 😢
So will return all settings to default (as you suggested) and try your 2nd suggestion.  p.s. . . .unfortunately we live in an isolated small village & know no one around here who is experienced with this * Thank-you so much for your help and let's hope for good luck on the following procedures. (will let you know).