[ubuntu-studio-users] LOng time studio use off and on.

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 18 22:05:33 UTC 2020

Hi Douglas,

On Fri, 2020-01-17 at 13:20 -0500, Douglas Pollard wrote:
>   I am not sure this is the right place to post this or not. I would
> like all to know, "I think Ubuntu Studio is a great place to learn to
> do
> Video and to actually do it. I have about 120 more or less videos on
> you
> tube. Some better than others and a few pretty awful. I am 85 years
> old
> so these days the learning curve is pretty long. Been using Linux
> about
> ten years.  I use some Cinelerra GG, Kdenlive and Open shot depending
> on
> what I am doing. I came from Windows and am so grateful to and give
> lot of credit to Linux for all I have learned about using and
> creating
> video on Ubuntu. I have a son who is a preacher and knows a lot of
> old
> mean my age. He says I am light years ahead of any he knows in
> computer
> knowledge. If that it so I give credit to Ubuntu Studio and other
> Ubuntu
> Linux programs. Thanks to all in the Linux Lineup and the unending
> help
> over the years.                  Douglas G. Pollard Sr.

First of all, sorry for the slow reply.

This is the perfect place for such feedback. We get a lot of bug
reports and people complaining that certain things are not working.
It's very refreshing to get such positive feedback.

I'm currently leading the project, but have only been done so for about
two years, so I am truly standing on the shoulders of giants. We're
doing the best we can with what we have, and I'm glad it's working well
for you and, hopefully, the majority of our users out there. Credit
goes to the entire team and everyone else who has contributed over the
years, even via this mailing list helping others who are part of this
list.

Your testimony is a great example of someone who finds relief from
their frustrations by being an Ubuntu Studio user, and we're so glad to
have such feedback.

Thanks,
Erich

----