[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu Studio on KDE Plasma

eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 28 19:00:29 UTC 2020

Hi Glenn,

> What's the latest status on this? I'm really looking forward to running Ubuntu Studio on KDE Plasma.

As previously announced, 20.04 LTS will remain Xfce until it ends life in 2023. Groovy Gorilla (future 20.10) has been on KDE Plasma since late May/early June. However, since it's not even in Beta status yet (that doesn't happen until early October) there were no announcements because 1) this isn't my day job, 2) I've got a million other irons in the fire, such as relocating 300 miles all this past week, and 3) these kinds of things are announced when the Beta is released.

If you want to try it out, go to https://cdimage.ubuntu.com and download a daily ISO image. Do note that since this is equivalent of pre-Alpha that *there is absolutely no support* and we will not respond to support requests whatsoever.

--
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader