[ubuntu-studio-users] Upgrade to 19.10

Thomas Pfundt captain-tux at protonmail.ch
Thu Oct 31 12:45:52 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 31 October 2019 13:26, Mac <macdroid53 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I may have been misinformed. But isn't qjackctl being deprecated with Carla being the future? Just curious. I used qjackctl for years.

No.

QjackCtl is still in active development. You can just download and run the latest AppImage from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl/files/latest/download

I belive that Controls should replace QjackCtl in Ubuntu Studio in the future. I've tested it and it worked well for a normal setup. I still use QjackCtl however, because of the specific system-wide EQ setup I have, which the QjackCtl patchbay can automatically connect as soon as a program opens, I think Controls isn't able to do that (yet).

In regards to Carla: It works relatively similar to QjackCtl as a GUI for jack, but I believe many newcomers found the UI simpler to use and added the KXStudio repositories to their distros. KXStudio hasn't released a new version since 14.04 though and I don't know what the current state of the development and repository is.