[ubuntu-studio-users] Thanks and some encouragement

Doc C drcgw2 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 16:21:50 UTC 2019

Greetings Ubuntu Studio team!

I have been using Ubuntu Studio for many years and love it. I just
installed the 19.04 release and think the default theme and look are
gorgeous and functional. Thanks so much for the update! I'm now installing
it over my machines that have been running 16.04 and those I have recently
upgraded to 18.04.

I realize that the development team is small and wish I had the time to
help out. Naturally, I can "throw money" at the problem but realize that
doesn't, necessarily, solve development problems. This prompts the
following question:

What can your loyal users do to help Ubuntu Studio avoid the fate of so
many distros that have shuttered??
I can post teasers about Ubuntu Studio on my twitter feed or post articles
about it on my Facebook page but I'd would appreciate input from the dev
team about what would be the most useful form of support for someone who
doesn't have time to wade through the buglist and code.
What do YOU want us to do to help your efforts?

I am a scientist who is also a creator (music, photography, and digital
painting) and the default Ubuntu Studio install has about 80% of the tools
I need to do my job and explore my hobbies right out of the box. This saves
me SO much time and I truly appreciate that!

All my best,

Chris
--
Christopher G. Wilson, Ph.D.