[ubuntu-studio-users] Fwd: UbuntuStudio flavor status in jeopardy, action needed [Was, Re: [Ubuntu Studio] Cry For Help]

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 6 17:10:13 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Please see the forwarded email below. I'm forwarding this to you so
that you can see the dire need we have at this time for a MOTU to
step-in, sponsor the packages that we need sponsoring, and then sponsor
myself and/or Ross to become Per-Package Uploaders (PPU).

There is a meeting on Monday to decide this. I have to have my
application (<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Eickmeyer/DeveloperApplication>)
done by Friday, which means the packages awaiting sponsorship must be
sponsored and Ross and/or Myself must be sponsored as well by said
sponsor. If this does not happen, then there will not be a 19.04
release, which could effectively kill Ubuntu Studio as an official
flavor of Ubuntu.

So, please spread the word, and try to rally support to keep this
effort afloat.

Thanks,
Erich
----