[ubuntu-studio-users] Audio Issues

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jun 20 05:33:34 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-06-20 at 10:29 +0530, Ranjith Hegde wrote:
> After the June update of ubuntu studio, several things seem to be
> broken in my system.

Hi,

what release of Ubuntu Studio?

Open xfce4-terminal and run

  lsb_release -a

select the command and it's output with the mouse, right click and copy
the selection, then paste it to your reply.

> the most important problem is that I get audio only from the right
> channel of my headphones port no matter which hardware I connect to
> the port.

It still could be, that the socket jack is defect. Consider to run a
Linux from a live DVD, to test if audio still is broken.

> I have checked in pulse audio control and all channels have volume. I
> have checked in Carla and cadence patchbays and all things are
> connected as should be.

This are a lot of layers. For troubleshooting consider to test with
plain ALSA first, IOW stop pulseaudio and stop jack, then add one layer
after the other.

What audio device or devices are available for playback?

In xfce4-terminal run

  aplay -l

and post it, too.

Regards,