[ubuntu-studio-users] Updates for June 2019

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:08:15 UTC 2019

I've had some time to mess with this to see what's up with my on board
audio.

I did an alsa-info while booted to the upgraded 19.04.

Then downloaded and built a fresh live ubs 16.04. Then booted that and did
an alsa-info.

A diff of the resulting files show the live is running
kernel: 5.0.0-13-lowlatency
ALSA Driver version:     k5.0.0-13-lowlatency
And the onboard sound works.

The upgraded version is running
kernel: 5.0.0-16-lowlatency
ALSA Driver version:     k5.0.0-16-lowlatency
And onboard sound does not work.

Can't see any other obvious difference in the alsa-info output.

Any thoughts on if this is the issue and if so, how I might fix it?

Regards,
Mac