[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntustudio controls and 19.10

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:18:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a fresh install of UBS 19.10.

If I start the browser and play a youtube video, the stream shows in the
playback and output devices tab in volume control. (pavucontrol).

But, the local hardware is not making noise.

If I try to launch UBS controls, it appears to hang. If I launch it from
the terminal, I get:

CheckRes error
Could not read result type = 23
Cannot open controls client
JackShmReadWritePtr1::~JackShmReadWritePtr1 - Init not done for -1,
skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping
unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping
unlock
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ubuntustudio-controls", line 724, in <module>
    Gtk.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py", line 1630, in
main
    return _Gtk_main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/contextlib.py", line 119, in __exit__
    next(self.gen)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/_ossighelper.py", line 251, in
register_sigint_fallback
    signal.default_int_handler(signal.SIGINT, None)

Obviously, I killed it with ctrl-C there at the end.

Any ideas?

Thanks!