[ubuntu-studio-users] Success with 18.04 on netbook :)

J. Simon van der Walt tedthetrumpet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:18:55 UTC 2018

I've just done a clean install of ubuntu studio 18.04 on my absurdly
cheap and cheerful 11" Dell Inspiron. tldr; almost everything is going
very well indeed. Now running SuperCollider 3.9.3 built from source.
Here's a wee livecoded algorave-ish test track I made today with this
setup:

https://clyp.it/5d3lo4na

Problems;

* getting the thing to boot after install was 48 hours of hell. Brief
outline here https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2396060

* there's a wee bug that I also had on this machine on an earlier
install of ubuntu studio. Sometimes there is mysteriously no sound,
although everything looks like it is working. Solution is to go to
Sound Settings from the panel, and unmute, wait for it, *the
microphone*. Eh?! But seems to work.

Thanks to the developers for this great distro!

--
J. Simon van der Walt - Composer
www.jsimonvanderwalt.com