[ubuntu-studio-users] Driver for Audio Science asi4215

Andrew andrew at rainsbrook.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 17:33:00 UTC 2018

Hi Ralf,
Thanks for the reply.
I haven't had chance to try this out myself yet. Would you know if the module
is the v3 or v4 code?
Unfortunately, the card I have is only supported by the v3 driver code, I have
been able to compile a v4 ok, but the card is not detected.

Audio Science wrote to me:-
Support for ASI4215 was dropped from the drivers on JUN-02-2008 (v3.10.00) a
few years after AudioScience stopped selling the card. We stop supporting
discontinued cards after about 5 or 6 years because we do not have the means
to continue building and testing firmware/drivers for such old cards.

Even if the latest driver compiled correctly it may not work with the old
version of the firmware and we cannot update/build firmware for ASI4215 anymore.
(Although if I offered $1m I suspect "cannot" would become "delighted to" ....)

Regards,
Andrew.