[ubuntu-studio-users] Coming Ubuntu Studio Releases

Thomas Pfundt captain-tux at protonmail.ch
Fri Feb 23 02:10:28 UTC 2018

On February 22, 2018 5:38 PM, Ross Gammon <rosco at ubuntustudio.org> wrote:
>> Who is around to help testing for the first 3?

I will make sure to test all of the releases. However, I'm not sure yet how extensive I'll be able to test them. For the 16.04.4 release, I will can do a full install and test it thoroughly. With the 18.04 releases, I'll maybe have to test some installations on an external drive. I'll be able use another machine though at one point to verify any errors that I come accross.

I would also be in favour of releasing 18.04, even if it's just for software updates. The fact that there's a low-latency kernel preinstalled and some configurations regarding the audio group is already very helpful for people who are not able to set everything up manually.

Unfortunately, I can't offer to manage the project, because of the time constraints that we all have and also because I don't feel competent enough, still being relatively new to Ubuntu/Linux in general. However, I've worked on a project for about 1,5 years, taking some advertisement and social media duties, so if I can take off some workload there, I'm more than happy to help. Don't hesitate to send me some details on what is needed.