[ubuntu-studio-users] An specific issue

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 17 00:20:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

why such an unspecific subject for an specific issue ;)?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 21:48:40 +0000 (UTC), Jota Pe wrote:
>My issue is... I wonder why Ubuntu Studio doesn't have a direct way
>(GUI apps inside the Main Menu) to manage all about the audio input
>and output devices, from any source to any source, without to have to
>use JACK, which isn't useful with WineHQ.

Could you explain why it isn't useful?

>Why I want this???
>
>My final target is to get the following configuration:
>
>1) ZaraRadio (running through WineHQ) Main Audio Output ---> MAIN
>STEREO (FRONT) AUDIO CHANNELS, ONLY.
>
>2) Audacity Main Audio Output (record, edit and playback) ---> SIDE
>STEREO SURROUND AUDIO CHANNELS, ONLY.
>
>So... With this configuration, I will be able to record, edit and
>listen audio with Audacity, in the same PC I'm broadcasting the
>on-line signal, but... nobody will be hear that "second audio signal"
>into the radiostation main on-line signal.
>
>Was I enough clear to expose my issue??? I hope so!!!

Yes, it's clear what you try to archive.

>Well, if somebody knows something about how to get this, please... LET
>ME KNOW!!!

The easiest way would be using jackd and to replace Audacity by
something else, perhaps Ardour.

However, I strongly discourage from doing so, if possible separate the
gear used to go on the air, from the equipment used for producing, while
being on the air. Doing both at the same time on one machine is asking
for trouble, not related to your IO issue, but related to accidents.

Regards,
Ralf