[ubuntu-studio-users] I can't install 16.04 on my ASUS X551M

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Nov 11 18:56:26 UTC 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 12:08:09 -0430, Luis Matos wrote:
>I was installing ubuntu-studio 16.04 on my Laptop Asus X551M, and
>after to finished and restart, it show a blue screen with the message:
>"RECOVERY your PC need to repair"

This PC contains a Windows install? Does a bootloader menu show up? I
suspect you get a Windows message.

We need more information to help you. You always could boot an Ubuntu
live DVD and take a look at log files and the disk content. The Ubuntu
Wikis could help troubleshooting.

General advices:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/TroubleShooting#Ubuntu_troubleshooting
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/TroubleShooting#Other_troubleshooting_guides

You much likely need to know how to install grub using a live media and
how to generate the grub menu:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ubuntu+grub+repair