[ubuntu-studio-users] Software for image browsing

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Sat Jul 22 21:10:49 UTC 2017

Hi Auro,

On 11/06/17 04:36, AURO KUMAR SAHOO wrote:
> Sir,
> It's a great effort in bringing Ubuntu studio to this point. As a
> suggestion may I request you to include digiKam, for image browsing. I
> think it's as competitive as adobe bridge and supports raw and all
> image format.
>
> The requirements arise as when a single folder containing JPEG and
> RAW, only JPEG is viewed for quick review in rastretto but no raw.
>
> I myself install the digikam but it will be great if included and
> mastered and syncronized with other softwares in bundle.
>
> I know it requires many effort but if made it can make the graphics
> section more fulfilling. It may not be digiKam, but any thing as
> competitive.
>
> Thank you

Sorry for not replying sooner.

At the moment, we don't include any photo organaniser/manager or photo
viewing type of applications in our photography meta package. We instead
concentrate on photo manipulation/editing applications.

There are many organisers and viewers out there as well as digikam. Are
there others out there that think it would be a good idea to include
one. Which one? Digikam?

Regards,

Ross