[ubuntu-studio-users] Default sound settings

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Nov 4 13:20:13 UTC 2016

On 03 Nov 2016, at 16:49, David Sumbler <david at aeolia.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately adding
> 'options snd slots=snd_hda_intel' (as it would be in my case) to
> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf has not made any difference, even after
> rebooting the computer.

What isn't different?

The issue that you can't hear audio of all apps or that the device still is hw:1 instead of hw:0?

Regarding the application sound issue I can't help, because I'm not using a default with pulseaudio. If the device still shouldn't be hw:0, then post your complete /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and the output of

   ls -l /etc/modprobe.d/

,too

Regards,
Ralf