[ubuntu-studio-users] Jack can´t start

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 29 15:26:25 UTC 2016

Please temporarily stop pulseaudio, since I don't have pulseaudio
installed and I never used it, I'm not sure how to do this, but I guess
running

  pulseaudio --kill

does the job nowadays, after that run

  qjackctl

and in "Settings... > Misc" uncheck "Enable D-Bus interface", then
start and stop and close qjackctl, ignore error messages when starting,
I only want to ensure, that D-Bus is disabled by the settings, what ever
version of qjackctl you are using.

In a terminal run

  jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -r48000 -p1024 -n3

and assumed it shouldn't work run

  jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p1024 -n3

Normally it's better to use "-n2" and go lower than "-p1024", but for
testing purpose "-p1024 -n3" are good values.

After starting jackd in a terminal, you can start qjackctl.

Does this work?