[ubuntu-studio-users] Upgrading offers only 15.x :-(

Lawrence H. Bulk lhbcomm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:53:01 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 09:18:10 -0400, Lawrence H. Bulk wrote:
> >(On July 21, it will be much faster if you download the new
> >release via a Torrent.)
>
> Some ISPs throttle speed for torrent usage. Using torrent could slow
> down a download very much.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

You are correct that some ISPs throttle torrent speed downloads. But mine
doesn't and I believe that most ISPs will not do this, especially as the
torrent site used for Ubuntu Studio is not a known "file-sharing" site.
Using a torrent is worth a try. If you find it to be slow, you can always
cancel the download and just go back to a regular mirror site.

Lawrence