[ubuntu-studio-users] General ("newbie") question about repositories

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:35:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 14:46:03 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>I didn't install it and removed all 32-bit libs, since I don't have any
>VSTs.

FWIW the fsthost build works on Arch, but to test it, by running it, I
not only would need VSTs, I also would need to build lib32-jack2, since
the headers were provided by jack2, of a newer version, I build from
git, than the lib32, that was build for official repositories. Anyway,
this has got no impact on the build of fsthost and building the lib32
of jack2 for runtime is no issue.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi jack2|grep Na -A1;pacman -Si lib32-jack2|grep Na -A1
Name            : jack2
Version         : 1.9.10.r177.g7bdad49-1
Name            : lib32-jack2
Version         : 1.9.10-3

The problem with your Ubuntu build is the path for the multi-lib build
of fsthost, described by the links I provided. If you correct if for
Ubuntu, you need to care about the path names Ubuntu does use for
multi-lib, since distros not always share the same filesystem
hierarchy/paths.