[ubuntu-studio-users] General ("newbie") question about repositories

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jul 21 10:22:40 UTC 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:33:00 +0200, brian at linuxsynths.com wrote:
>When running fsthost in the terminal, "Command not found" is all I
>get, since I haven't yet found the missing libraries/files...

It's described by the README from upstream:

"6) To run your vst plugins:

      ./fsthost32 /path/to/someplugin.dll
   or
      ./fsthost64 /path/to/someplugin.dll"

IOW
      ./command option
translated it means
      path/to/fsthost* /path/to/someplugin.dll

The name is not fsthost it's fsthost{64,32} and it most likely
isn't in /usr/bin, so it requires to add the path.

Paths might be different for the filesystem hierarchy used by Arch
Linux, and Arch definitively doesn't split packages to bin, lib, devel,
but if you take a look at the PKGBUILD and at the snapshot's info file
and reading the websites comments, it might help you to transform this
to install it to Ubuntu, or better build a package, e.g. try
checkinstall instead of make install:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fsthost/

Regards,
Ralf