[ubuntu-studio-users] Issue with Wine, Reaper, FstHost

Thomas Pfundt tux at pfundtdesign.de
Wed Jul 13 18:16:08 UTC 2016

On 12.07.2016 21:23, brian at linuxsynths.com wrote:
> I thought that was exactly the package necessary, and yet Reaper isn't
> seeing anything.

Hi Brian,

have you also registered the libraries according to this page?
http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Documentation:Manual:wineasio_and_reaper

You also need to execute both commands, then WineASIO should be
selectable in the preferences --> Device --> Audio: "ASIO" --> WineASIO
Driver. If the dlls aren't registered, Reaper won't find the driver. I
believe I had this problem in the beginning, but I don't know if that
will solve it for you.

On 13.07.2016 14:21, gabriel romeu wrote:
> I had numerous issues with 64bit studio 14.04 lts which i never did
> get quite straightened out.   i did 32bit 16.04 lts with reaper and
> seems to be working as a system much better, and with my limited
> experience so far with reaper fine.  I have not hooked in my midi yet,
> but i did not use jack last time.

I'm currently using 64-bit Reaper in Ubuntu Studio 15.10 with
WineASIO/Jack and it's perfectly stable for me. I still have to try it
on 16.04 yet, however. For installation, I followed the KXStudio guides
(also installed Wine-rt from their repositories). As I mentioned,
software monitoring, MIDI input (Korg USB keyboard) and VSTs work
flawlessly on my machine. I haven't noticed a performance issue either,
actually I would even subjectively describe it as better performing than
on my previous Windows installation.