[ubuntu-studio-users] Keyboard is seen but won't connect

Pietro Bergamo bergamopietro at yahoo.com.br
Mon Dec 26 17:08:34 UTC 2016

I've had a similar issue some time ago (trying to use midi in Pure Data) and my workaround was to make the connections through Patchage. It just worked, don't ask me why, and I've given it no thought ever since. But I think it would be nice to post the output and see if there is anything to be fixed.Best regards,Pietro

    Em Segunda-feira, 26 de Dezembro de 2016 14:02, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> escreveu:

 On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 15:40:00 +0000, David Sumbler wrote:
>I click to connect the keyboard input (or output) to qTractor or
>something else, and the Messages window in qJackCtl shows an ALSA
>connection change.
>
>But no change is shown in the Connections window, and it seems that the
>connection is not made because nothing gets through to qTractor.

Please copy and post the message window output, also run

  amidi -l
  pgrep -a jack
  pgrep -a a2j

and post it.