[ubuntu-studio-users] Converting a recorded track to a timing track

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 26 13:05:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 12:32:01 +0000 (UTC), Pietro Bergamo wrote:
>An "artificial" tempo is, for me, always easier to predict, making the
>recording more precise and demanding less editing. In the end, I think
>it sounds more natural this way.

Full acknowledgement. The OP could either record sequencer music with a
simple tempo map or record just audio tracks, disable measure lines if
possible, for Qtractor simply ignore them, since disabling them seems
to be impossible and only care about the timecode, resp. the OP could
record MIDI tracks without using quantization and by using as much
ticks as possible, Qtractor > File > Properties > Ticks/Beat and then
use a MIDI track quasi in the same way as an audio track.