[ubuntu-studio-users] from 32bit to 64...

Cyril Giraud cgiraud at free.fr
Fri Dec 9 19:00:44 UTC 2016

Le 08/12/2016 à 14:56, gabriel romeu a écrit :
> quick question...
> I had gone from the Ubuntu Studio 14.xx LTS 64bit to 16.04 32bit
> because of some issues, but now finding constraints with 32bit (ie.
> Chrome availability, Videostream).  My workaround has been a MInt
> 64bit partition.
> Is there a way to update to 16.04 64 bit without a complete reinstall?
Yes, you should reinstall...

32 bits install should be reserved for very little computers, as virtual
machine (128 to 192 MB RAM for running a simple LAMP web service with
i386 ubuntu server for example).

> Also I am interested in hearing what people are using for video
> editing.  I think I have hit a wall with 4k editing, but more than
> often i find myself outside the loop.

I experienced problems with:

  * 720p 50fps video from small Sony camera and GoPro,
  * long recording --> camera splits .mp4 files
  * video and sound are not cut at same time (sony only)
  * editing with Kdenlive --> unable to get sweet move to one mp4 file
    to next one:
      o sound not sync with video except first mp4 sequence file (sony only)
      o video stops few images at each clip cut

> thanks, gabriel

You're welcome!