[ubuntu-studio-users] audio-video problems afeter used hydrogen

Tom Westerfield twesterfield at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 15:40:55 UTC 2016

Kaj Ailomaa wrote:

Starting the jack audio server will make jack grab the audio device from
pulseaudio. However, this only means that you now need to connect
pulseaudio to jack, as if pulseaudio was just another jack client. You
can do this in pulseaudio settings, which you find from the volume
applet in the top bar.

pulseaudio is the desktop audio server, while jack is the pro audio
server used by many of the audio applications we distribute. The best
way to use jack is probably by using qjackctl to control it. After a
fresh boot, first start qjackctl, start jack with it, then change
pulseaudio output to jack. After that, start whatever applications you
like.

This is, if you did not install jackd1, or remove
pulseaudio-module-jack.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kaj

That is the best lucid description of how to get pulseaudio and jack to
play well together I have seen (maybe I haven't looked in the right
places.)

Tom Westerfield
twesterfield at earthlink.net