[ubuntu-studio-users] possible compositing manager failure

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Wed Sep 9 10:16:23 UTC 2015

I am using Ubuntu Studio 14.04, and it has been kept up to date, with
default XFCE desktop. It was working well yesterday, but today when
logging in, there are serious problems, such as no title bars or other
window decorations, no programs showing on the panel. Then all windows
disappear along with the panel, leaving me just the desktop and its icons.

I can right click to get a menu, and tried going to the system settings,
but clicking on Window Manager did nothing.

I can still run Linux Mint on the same PC (which I am doing now to use
Thunderbird) but my Ubuntu Studio is broken.

How can I fix this? What configuration needs to be checked or changed?

David K