[ubuntu-studio-users] Creating a Windows VM Inside Ubuntu

set public at sakrecoer.com
Tue Nov 3 11:01:46 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-03 11:39, George DiceGeorge wrote:

> An expert told me that the biggest problem is that
> gimp wont save as CMYK

Small, digtal-printing agencies have no problem dealing with RGB
documents such as PDF, EPS, etc... But offset printers do. I have to
say, i have never submitted a document i converted from RGB to CMYK by
myself to an offset printing agency. Because of the high cost of offset,
to be 100% sure the finished product gets the intended colors when
printing in CMYK, i've always given my RGB documents to be converted by
a photolithographer. Even so back when i used adobe. But they generaly
charge you for that.

Having the possiblity to create CMYK images with gimp, i would still
face the problem of having a correctly and industry-standard callibrated
screen and ink-jet printer. Not having these pieces of hardware, there
is no garantee that my CMYK grafics will display color in the same way
on my equipement as it will once printed in offset.

*Set