[ubuntu-studio-users] Creating a Windows VM Inside Ubuntu

set public at sakrecoer.com
Tue Nov 3 09:41:09 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-03 01:07, argumento wrote:
> Having said that, I don't think a moral or preachy approach to convince
> ppl of the power of Free and open Source software is useful, the best
> result's I've had is just showing off how much fun is the software and
> how many things you can do on Linux. I don't think Adobe tools or
> windows compatible games are a good reason to stay in Windows (or Mac),
> but sometimes it's hard to convince ppl, more so when they cling to what
> they are familiar with. So, where I'm going with this? I think that we
> just need to act cool and show around what we do with Ubuntu Studio and
> that that's argument enough.

Sorry if i came off preachy, I thought i wrote the exact same thing as
you, except i don't know anything about games and virtualboxes.
But language is tricky. :)

However, i ment to say that teaching how the tools work is a great way
to show what ubuntustudio can do. And in my experience, getting down on
a open OS and replacing the open tools with a virtual instances of
another but closed OS, is vowed to give problems.

It's a fine line between being enthusiastic about your tools, and
preaching for them i guess. It's good however, to have reminders that
the preachy path is a bit an ineffective one.

Have a good day y'all!