[ubuntu-studio-users] looking for a secure and private linux distro, with the following . . .

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jun 26 09:37:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:22:29 +0000, Kaza Kore wrote:
>Ummm. You what?!?! No.1 on Distrowatch[1] above Ubuntu. Has a Forum[2]
>and a mailinglist[3] plus it is based on Ubuntu so most Ubuntu
>resources will help you with any problems. Please explain what of this
>you are against! If I wanted a general desktop installation it is
>definitely the first I would try. Especially with the amount of extra
>things that are meant to just work out the box which will not with
>(almost) any other distro for legal reasons. Makes it (sound) perfect
>for the beginner!

That's the only point were I strictly disagree with you. *buntu and
Debian mailing lists were spammed with support request regarding Mint
in the past.

This one is from yesterday:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-users/2015-June/008479.html

Mint is No.1 for inexperienced users, that care about flashy themes and
an out of the box everything is working install, by misunderstanding it
with "no need for self-responsibility". One update later after they
installed it, they will spam Debian user and *buntu mailing lists with
grotesque requests.