[ubuntu-studio-users] looking for a secure and private linux distro, with the following . . .

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Fri Jun 26 09:29:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

>  Linux is
> not a replacement for Windows, Linux users need to invest some time to
> maintain their installs.

Not necessarly. I think it depends on what you use your computer for. If
you want to record audio and keep up with the latest developments you will
need to maintain your installations no matter what OS and applications you
use. However, I have happily run Ubuntu Studio LTS without changing much or
doing more maintenance than the normal updates/fixes and haven't had any
major breaks or need to spend time fixing things (unless I want to or want
to fiddle with something not released which I tend to do on a regular
basis) for many years now.